- I know it is hard for you young mothers to believe that almost before you can turn around the children will be gone and you will be alone with your husband. You had better be sure you are developing the kind of love and friendship that will be delightful and enduring. Let the children learn from your attitude that he is important. Encourage him. Be kind. It is a rough world, and, like everyone else, is fighting to survive. Be cheerful. Don’t be whiner.
– Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.
- Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar
- A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.
- When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.