- When you drink the water, remember the spring.
~ Chinese Saying
- A man dies before we appreciate him.
~ Jabo (Liberia) Saying
- When eating fruit, think of the person who planted the tree.
~ Vietnamese Saying
- He who is carried on another’s back does not appreciate how far the town is.
~ African Saying
- What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner.
~ Colette (1873-1954, French Writer)
- I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.
~ Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915, American Editor, Publisher, Writer)
- There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think, I can’t believe I’m here. This is so wonderful.
~ Leslie Darin (Historian)
- A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
~ William Davies (1871-1940, Welsh Poet, Writer, Tramp )
- Don’t be chary of appreciation. Hearts are unconsciously hungry for it.
~ Phillips Brooks (1835-1893, American Episcopal Cleric )
- Appreciative words are the most powerful force for good on earth.
~ George W. Crane