- We don't get offered crises, they arrive.
-- Elizabeth Janeway
- Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.
-- Anais Nin, The Diary of Anais Nin, volume 4, 1944-1947
- The face is not a secondary billboard for our internal feelings. It is an equal partner in the emotional process.
- "There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet."
- "Odd how much it hurts when a friend moves away - and leaves behind only silence."
- "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can by trying to get other people interested in you."